Tuesday 3 March 2009

Spring in my step...

A couple of weeks ago Clive and I went to a local flea market,
whilst driving through the stalls to park the van,
something caught my eye...
It was the most beautiful vintage french wire work plant stand.
Of course I assumed it was going to be incredibly expensive,
but wanting to put my mind at rest I sent
Clive over to ask the price,
I was more than surprised when Clive informed
me of the very fair asking price...
So, with the last of my birthday money clutched tight in my hand,
I dashed across the field to buy it
before someone else got there first,
(I must add, that 'dashing' is not an easy task whilst
wearing my 'designer' wellies!)...
luckily I got there in time and I eagerly
passed the money over to
the stall holder whilst squealing with delight, It was mine!...
This Sunday turned out to be the most beautiful day,
so I set up the potting table in my new garden
(well more of a jungle at the moment!)
and got to work potting up some primroses and
daffodils into the Victorian terracotta pots
I have 'borrowed' from my grandma's garden.

I'm very pleased with the end result, the spring flowers look so pretty, I cant wait to add to it over the next few weeks...

I hope your all having a good week so far...
Jennifer x











12 comments:

Miss sew n sew said...

What a find it's so nice and I love those old terracotta pot's.

Have a nice weekend

Sarahx

Jeannette said...

You lucky girl! Makes me wish I had a garden.
Have a nice weekend,
Jeannette

Claire said...

That looks gorgeous.

When do we get to see pictures of your new home?!

mollycupcakes said...

It looks lovely Jen.
Those daffs and primroses are gorgeous.
Well done you, what a fab find.

Enjoy the weekend.

Hugs,
Catherine x

Funkymonkey said...

I love the banner on your blog. I can't resist terracotta pots and it's lovely to see them full of colour after the grey winter we've had.

OhSoVintage said...

That looks so pretty, what a great find!

Federica said...

that is soooooo beautiful! well done it must look great in your garden! Looking forward for a new post from you! You are always a big inspiration! Hugs federica

Lynsey said...

What a great find! The flowers look so pretty xx

saraeden said...

Wow what a find , i would love something like that mmm maybe i will be lucky one day !!

Sara x

Lajoni said...

Hi first time reading your blog and what a lovely one it is too....loving your shop....will definitely be back for more :)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

What a wonderful blog.....I'll be back for sure!

Blessing you!
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information..